Friday , September 18 2020
Home / ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE / OnlyFans, “the Instagram of porn”, doubled the number of its followers with the lockdown

OnlyFans, “the Instagram of porn”, doubled the number of its followers with the lockdown

Unlike Instagram and Facebook, which ban content and even block users as soon as they see the tip of a woman's nipple, on OnlyFans nudity is not a problem. On the contrary: it became the business of the social network created by Briton Tim Stokely in 2016.

Dubbed the 'Instagram of Porn', OnlyFans describes itself as “A subscription site that allows content creators to monetize their influence”. If we can follow fitness teachers and yoga with worked plastic, the authors of hoaxes (said “Pranksters” in the original version), or actresses from Bollywood Like Hollywood, the majority of OnlyFans “creators” instead sell… their nudity, whether in erotic photos and videos, or even pornography.

Its logo, in which appears a padlock, sets the tone: in exchange for the credit card number granted to the site, the subscriber will have the key that will allow them to discover the intimacy of the creator they want.

20% commission

Unlike many other social networks or image sharing apps, OnlyFans is based on a paid offer. Fans must subscribe to accounts “Creators”, by shedding 4.2 euros to 42 euros per month (from 4.99 to 49.99 US dollars), the precise amount being defined by each creator in question.

In exchange for this sum, the subscriber will be able to discover photos, videos, or even sounds of the person they are following, and will be able to chat with them through private messages. The platform takes a 20% commission on subscriptions before paying the remaining 80% to the 850,000 “creators” of its network.

With OnlyFans, “the [actrices] are fortunate to be able to choose their practices, their partners, to free themselves from the pressure of a director “, assures X-producer Liza Del Sierra

With growing popular success – Beyoncé citing for example OnlyFans in a featuring with Megan Thee Stallion, Savage Remix – or thanks to containment linked to the Covid-19 epidemic, the British application has taken off in recent months. Asked by The world in early September, the platform gave the figure of 61 million users worldwide, explaining that they were half as many before the pandemic.

The arrival of American rapper Cardi B – who assured that she would not post any sexual content on her account – and former Disney muse Bella Thorne were also very noticed. The latter, 22-year-old actress and singer, opened his account in August, and claimed to have raised $ 1 million in the space of twenty-four hours, and another million the following week. Faced with the influx of fans who came to view its content sold as “exclusive”, paying $ 20 a month, the site even temporarily ceased to function.

You have 65.59% of this article to read. The rest is for subscribers only.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *